The SME Instrument in 2015
• Nearly half of expert-evaluators are newcomers. 35% of the total of 11,000 evaluators are female, which is still short of the 40% target.
• 3 236 grant agreements were signed by the end of April 2015. These grant agreements awarded a total EU contribution of €5.5 billion towards total eligible costs of €6.5 billion.
• 23.3% of the EU financial contributions have gone to SMEs
• Turkey is the 4th most active associated country within Horizon 2020 after Switzerland, Norway and Israel.
• SMEs in EU Member States made 4 694 applications to the Horizon 2020 SME instrument. Most of the applications came from the five biggest Member States: Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Germany and France.
The 4th SME Instrument cut-off for 2015 totaled 3146 applications. EASME has received 2056 Proposals for phase 1 and 1090 for Phase 2. The most popular sectors for proposals are ICT, healthcare and sustainable energy solutions. Turkish SMEs have submitted 38 proposals in Phase 1 and 6 in Phase 2.